Friday, August 17, 2012

The Last Day, Beaches

The last day of a vacation is truly bittersweet and sometimes downright depressing. Time to get back to the hot, dirty, noisy, city. But first a few pics of the last day.

The day started beautiful and looked to be another hot day. We actually had to ask for a fan for our cabin last night. The heat just stuck around. But this morning is was cool and welcoming.


From the front door of our cabin


We left our cabin about 9:30 to visit a couple of beaches. The first one was called Beach 4. Pretty original huh? My, was it beautiful! It was already warm and not too windy. This is the view at the top.


There was a small trail but pretty easy to navigate, even in flip flops. This was the view on the way down.







The tide was pretty high and the surf was pounding. There's nothing better than the sound of waves crashing on the rocks. From here we drove a few more miles to Kalaloch Beach. I haven't been here since I was a kid. It's not as picturesque as Beach 4 but it's pretty, clean, and not very crowded. We walked a ways, then had a seat in the sand and then when we realized we were feeling kind of hot and red, and decided we better head back to the car.


This is going to hurt tomorrow
When we got back to our cabin, we cleaned, loaded our suitcases and got the car packed with what we could. It was early to bed for us to get ready for a long day of travel back home.

As I type this last bit we've already been on the road for 6 hours with about another 5 to go. Ugh. Thanks for stopping by and following my trip with me, I appreciate it.




2 comments:

James Wei said...

Yes, the sound of waves hitting on the rocks is the best refreshing music to the ears. The splashes of water on rocks are so vividly captured. I miss the oceans :)

bill said...

I'm not a beach person. To me the best thing about the beach is finding a good piece of driftwood. The lapping waves do nothing for me. I like a mountain camp and the sounds of the night as you lay in your sleeping bag and think of campfire foods and mountain treks. Of course the camera don't care, with skillful hands and eye it takes good pictures wherever we go, as you have have very capably demonstrated.