Thursday, August 18, 2011

Last Day, More Beach Time

I got out early this morning to walk on the beach by myself. Although it was cloudy and about 60, it was actually warmer than the last two days of 70 and wind. It was so peaceful to be out there with just the seagulls and myself.
One Lone Seagull
Before lunch my daughter and I went back to 'town' which is really only a block long. First we hit a thrift store and then a few stores for last minute t-shirts.

After lunch we went to a beach we haven't been to before, Manhattan. It was small and hardly anybody else was there. Well it was kind of crowded, with Seagulls and Pelicans. I've seen Pelicans flying by but never actually sitting on the beach, so that was really cool to see.


Waiting for lunch

We had heard that there was a large pile of drift logs so we headed there. My husband and daughter love to climb over them but I prefer not to get twisted ankles so I just stay put.

I'm more interested in how they got there, all bunched up in one area. I'm guessing a very large storm or maybe even a tsunami years ago. There's no way that could be man made.
Og needs more wood
log climber

Me and hubby
We ended the day by hubby and I going out for dinner. We left the kid behind with left over pizza so she could Skype with her boyfriend. We really had planned to build a fire on the beach and roast marshmallows but ran out of time. With two days being so windy it just wouldn't work. So we'll be hauling our wood and giant marshmallows home, you know, those large baseball sized ones. And since the diet continues when we get home I may have to wait a whole year to eat them.

So thanks for tagging along on our vacation, it's been fun.

2 comments:

ethelmaepotter! said...

Oh yeah, I'd like to see a campfire made with all those logs!
Fascinating trip - thanks for taking me along!

bill said...

Good stuff. Sounds like a fun vacation. The wife always wanted to go to the beach. Said she'd never been there, never seen the ocean. I wanted to take her along some of the Oregon and Washington shores I had tramped around before we met. Never made it. Went to San Francisco, made a wrong turn and went south, down to San Diego. She loved it. I got some good pics that time but I don't usually. She has to frame them for me. I never see a good picture. No artist in me. I like this shot of you and hubby and I liked the 'waiting for lunch best. I wondered if you were referring to the birds or yourself. Cheers.