Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Drumheller Springs

Hubby, Daughter and I have been trying to find places in town where we can go hiking or walking, take the dog, and maybe get some pictures taken. It seems our daughter has some kind of photography assignment due at any given point in time. This past weekend we went to Drumheller Springs Historical Park, a 12 acre natural habitat a mere 10 blocks from our house. I never knew it was there. I've seen a sign as I drive by but didn't know the park extended as far as it did. It was a great place for a walk our dog thought, and so did we.

My daughter and I got some great reflection shots with this amazing spread out tree in a shallow pond. The light was just right  and the water was still. Can you tell where the tree ends and the reflection begins?






5 comments:

Claire King said...

The second one is my favorite. These are beautiful. CK

bill said...

I like them all but my favorites, the ones I like best is one, two, four and five. I've been looking for a tree for my yard. Thee tree in the distance in number four would fill the bill. of course, I'll be long gone before any tree I can get grows to that stage but it is a magnificent tree, and would provide lots of shade, and the color would go with the house.

nancy said...

The tree in your pictures over the pond had just fallen this year. Parts of it are still upright. The tree in the background golden color only stays that color for a month or so.It also has a pond around it in early spring and the ducks come to feed. It is the same tree as in the pond in the pictures. I have walked in this park for 16 yrs with my various dogs. This year was unusual because the pond stayed so long, it is usually gone in May. Saw a pair of ducks raise four kids this year. Have seen many hawks and even deer and quail. Love your pictures, came out better than mine. nh

nancy said...

I have visited this park for 16 yrs with my various dogs. Both trees in the pictures are the same and both are golden for only about a month. The second tree also has a pond in the early spring and ducks come to feed. In the pond with the partially fallen tree we saw a duck family raise four kids this year. The water stayed much longer than this year. Have seen quail, hawks and even deer a couple of years. Love your pictures they came out better than mine. Nancy H

kden said...

Thanks for stopping by Nancy. Hope you don't mind that I posted both of your comments; you probably thought I didn't get them but I did. Good to hear from a fellow local!