Sunday, November 28, 2010

First Snow

The last week has been filled with snow preceded by below normal temps. I guess winter is officially here in the Pacific Northwest. So far we have surpassed last year's snowfall but that doesn't mean we are having a particular bad winter so far, we just had an extremely mild winter last year. Just a few goofy pictures, nothing really pretty. Maybe those will come later.
My yard used to be here, just saw it a few weeks ago
I may not see my yard art until Spring

Making my daughter and husband work for me

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

They say we down here in the bayou country will not get any snow this winter and the winter will be dryer than usual. Bummer, I like the rain and an occasional snow. Interesting pics. I used to do this you know. Never had a fancy rig but I got my shots once in a while. I used to know the northwest. Got some pics from there to prove it. Have a good day, lass.

bill said...

I like snow pictures. They seem to reduce everything to a common denominator, simplify a complicated world, Make the present moment important and each other. I like your snow pictures: Your yard is still there, It's getting a facelift, undergoing a renewal. And look at those giant mushrooms alongside the house, I love those. That scene of your daughter and husband shoveling snow, everything reduced to black and white, except the crossing sign, making what might have been a commonplace photo, a piece of art. I like your pictures.

ethelmaepotter! said...

It's just a different kind of yard art now - and quite lovely!

I love the pictures of your visit to Leavenworth - absolutely gorgeous, especially Icicle Lake and the misty Cascades!

Teena in Toronto said...

We just had our first snowfall of the season this morning.

Happy blogoversary :)