Saturday, March 28, 2009

Nature Notes #1




I was going to save this for a macro meme but thought it was more fitting here. There's a new meme in town from Michelle at Rambling Woods. She's challenging us to be observant to what's going on around us in nature. Maybe something you see everyday but you finally pay attention to it; such as my shots. I was walking up my front steps last week when I saw this ground cover I see everyday. I don't even know it's name but its red color just popped out at me since everything else seems to be so brown.

7 comments:

ramblingwoods.com said...

Oh thank you for participating in the Nature Notes meme. I can't help you out with the identification as I am not a gardener at all, but they are very pretty and are screaming of spring...Michelle

ilanadavita said...

Lovely and surprising red flowers. I don't know what they are either.

MyMaracas said...

These are beautiful, like little roses. I don't know what it is, but I like it.

Thanks for stopping by at mine!
Vicki

healingmagichands said...

These are beautiful shots, I love the contrast with the stone. What you have is a beautiful sedum, very possibly "Dragon's Blood" varietal.

Leora said...

I love that the meme is making you look. It makes me think...what shall I see? What should I show?

This is a lovely red. I would want to photograph it, too. Sedum makes sense, now that I read the note above. I should check to see if the sedum I planted two years ago is still alive (it may have gotten buried by other plants).

Carletta said...

Wonderful macro!
Glad to see you participating in Michelle's meme - I think it's going to be a lot of fun.

Carver said...

I see someone else already told you that it's sedum. I love that and have a similar variety but it's not budding out yet. Great shot.